A notice sent from BMWNA M Brand Manager, United States, Matt Russell, to all BMW dealers provides more detailed launch info for the F10 M5 into the US market. Some of this is new info and some were previously confirmed.
- Pricing, official Dealer Bulletin, product brochures, and Ordering Guide will be released concurrent to the New York International Auto Show in the first week of April.
- Start of Production will match other MY13 5 Series models. [As we posted last week from the 2012 Detroit NAIAS, the expected SOP date is late July, for September deliveries. No model year 2012.]
- European Delivery will be offered, and is expected to be available starting in August.
- A focused driving program is being developed at Performance Driving School in Spartanburg to provide maximum time behind the wheel of the new M5.
- 6 speed manual transmission will be a no-cost option and exclusive to the North American market. Equipped with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.
- M5 microsite @ http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...M5Explore.aspx
Full text below:
Photos from the F10 M5's North American premiere at the LA Autoshow in November 2011 (in beautiful Frozen Silver)