View Single Post
      02-23-2012, 01:08 AM   #66
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08' M5, '09 335i, '18 M3 MT

Question Sounds better than E60!?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post

Sound
Exhaust sounds MUCH better than E60/E63. The salesperson took the car about 400-500 meters away for a wash. When he was at 200 meter distance I heard a growl (no he wasn't flooring it, he was accelerating like on a minor takeover) at about 500 meters he stopped, put on neutral and pushed to 3000 RPM and I heard a massive low-bass sound. E60/E63's expensive aftermarket exhausts did little to correct the raw engine noise which was sometimes unpleasant and from a driver's perspective it made almost no difference, the unique thing about E60/E63 exhaust was the V10's "howling" sound that other people hear when you pass by. E60 was "howling", F10 is "growling". The bass is massive and the driver, passengers and public outside hears this from very far away. The sound is beautiful and sounds better than any other BMW because it sounds like music to a driver's ears. Powerful, loud and bassy. No YouTube video will capture the bass, live and YouTube are completely different things.
I love your car. You have the same colors I'd take it... BUT
You think the F10 sounds better than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=QAlnEtGJcA8

??????

Appreciate 0