Originally Posted by mr_yogi
This. We have a couple of dealers on M3post that are known for invoice+ pricing. One of them advised that they are doing MSRP on the M5 out of the gate.
I decided that I'm going to wait for at least one model year to pass to let the kinks/gremlins get worked out.
Im doing the same - back in 2001 I was on a wait list for the E46 M3, but chose to wait until 2002 after one full year of production just to get kinks worked out. For that particular car the engines exploded in some early models bc of some rod bearing issues so Im glad I waited. I dont anticipate those types of issues with this M5 since theyve been accustomed to producing the higher revving engines but I'll wait nonetheless.