04-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #228
Flying M
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Peter View Post
I second that "take it to the track" that's a big 10 FOR

I like to add that driving on any highway is a privilege and not a right. Some people think it is a right for them to be there and therefore act like they own the road. Completely forgetting what can happen if someone pulls out from the right lane into the left without warning as many people do.

If traffic in the right lane on the autobahn is between 150 and 170 KM (I know that is where I travel often between 2 trucks [since I rent VW when in Germany], until the one behind me comes so close it becommes uncomfortable). So let us say the left lane then open and some of the fast cars travel 250 to 300 KM is that not like playing Russian Roulette ?

I often ask myself (when I travel on the autobahn) don't those people realize that driving at those speeds is just like walking around with a loaded gun? How iresponcible are people becoming,

People that are responsible would take the car to the track and if they speed like this they better make sure that no one else is around so when they do crash (blown tire etc) they only kill themselfs and not some increment other or heaven forbit an entire family.

Yes .... indeed take it to the track, I agree 100%
Do you know a lot of tracks available in southern ontario suitable for a safe driving?

The best solution is to make harder to get drivers license, undergo driving test every 5 years to prevent bad habits in driving.

Accident happens not because of high speed, but because of people who don't know what they are doing on the road. THEY ARE OPERATING HEAVY MACHINERY not just walking along sidewalk. They should be ready that something may go wrong and act accordingly. Idiots, that don't signal lane changing, don't check their mirrors, who accelerating on yellow light through intersection, etc - drive me crazy.

They should implement more quality training of drivers not lowering speed limits.

The lower the limit, more idiots will just survive accidents but it won't prevent them from happening.
Appreciate 0