Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
The point I was making was that two individuals held back an entire police force who didn't have the firepower initially but, certainly had the man power and vantage point. It did noting.
MPOWER said:

Quote:
I personally can't think of a situation involving a gunman intent on causing mayhem and death that I wouldn't want an opposing person or myself at my defense with similar fire power.
And your reply was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Well, A great example of what you're asking for occurred during the North Hollywood Shootout. It's really not as ideal as you imagine.
MPOWER specifically states he wants "a person or myself at my defense with similar fire power." How is the North Hollywood Shootout a good example of that when the police were so outclassed?

The police had zero advantage. The gunmen had weapons capable of punching straight through their squad cars (which is how many people were wounded), walls, and pretty much anything in their path. The police could have had 300 officers there and still would have been at a disadvantage. When you have two gunmen, both armed with fully automatic rifles and drum magazines holding 100 rounds, they can keep a huge force at bay.