View Single Post
      09-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #12
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

M5 Orthodox,

Thank you for posting these pictures. It really helps me to design my personal look for my Triple Black as well.

I personally am going to go with about a 17% tint all around, and after looking at your pictures I think that I am going to do the gloss black front grills like you have and the painted reflectors. I think with those two things it really makes the M5 look clean up front.

As for the side grills, here is where I am still on the fence. To be honest with everyone, at first I hated the chrome grills (Rant coming). I really did hate them. But then they grew on me on the Monte Carlo Blue. I don't think that they look bad on the Monte Carlo Blue, but I don't think they look great either. I think blacking out the side grills on every other color, including the Monte Carlo Blue looks fantastic.

But, for Sapphire Black Metallic, I'm just not sure still. I'm pretty sure that I want to tint the side grill signal light to a dark tint, but I kind of think that the chrome on the side grills for the Sapphire Black Metallic exterior color gives the same effect as the blackened out side grill on any other color, it provides contrast.

I dunno, I'm still having difficulty with this. Thank goodness I have another month to decide before my M5 gets back stateside from Euro Delivery. I was even thinking about doing something different like, blacking out the chrome on the side grill and then doing the inside mesh in maybe a dark grey color or something, just to provide a little contrast there.

Can any one provide any thoughts or opinions. I'm really having a tough time deciding! Thanks guys!

Appreciate 0