Originally Posted by AGS
I am using my brain, and thankfully my heart is working as well. You're the one who needs to use a little of both.
I don't think so. I have made good points regarding Brunswick operations, the source of the oil pump, the redundancy with their Munich management operations, the supply chain between Munich and Brunswick. Further, no New Jersey bound cars had been redirected to Brunswick at the time that my car reached Brunswick (contrary to your factually incorrect assertion).
Further many of the failures of BMW were prior to the hurricane:
- they installed replacement oil pumps in new cars before fixing customer cars
- they have not provided any transparency into parts availability for sold customer cars
- they have not instituted a structured compensation process like Lexus did with the valve spring recall
- they have shown extreme performance variability in time taken to assign a vehicle to an export vessel in Bremerhaven
- they have very little responsiveness to customer requests for information and status (I still don't know if they even have an oil pump)
Last year when I bought my 550i via ED, I got my car back in 6 weeks, while others (who were shipping to same destination) and who dropped their cars off a month before me had still not received their cars. So this is not just a 2012 issue it is an indication that their processes are simply not robust.
But if you want to engage in your self righteous tirade, please know I have added you to the ignore list, so your tirade is not going to be read by me, including your response to this post. I have no time for jerks.
I have been reasonable. I accept a one week delay due to the hurricane not longer. FedEx and UPS have recovered faster than that.
2014 BMW ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars, Bel StiR+, ALP
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport