11-25-2012, 02:53 AM   #23
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 X5 xDrive50i ZMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by star21 View Post
Sorry to hear that you've been running in to fitment issues. When I used to frequent a performance shop many years ago that was a Seibon dealer (when Seibon first got introduced in to the scene) they brought in many hoods and carbon fiber pieces that had fitment issues, the piece was thin and brittle, fading/yellowing issues, or the weave quality looked extremely sub-par. I had hoped they fixed the quality issue being that I've seen them move in to the dry carbon fiber market but apparently not? Still another "Made in China" piece.

Keep hounding them until you get a quality piece or a refund.
I plan on it. I actually drove around 100 miles roundtrip to my friends at Performance Technic in Pleasanton to install this and show it off. Minus the friendly visit the trip was completely wasted. I'm upset. I'm also upset that shipping cost so much yet they're in LA. If they offer me a refund I expect them to cover shipping, too.