View Single Post
      11-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #17
Enlisted Member

Drives: F10 M5 en route

Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
(Also we might have a rear Brembo option coming)
Good to hear! I was hoping and figured it was only a matter of time before a shop came out with a brake upgrade for the rear. Will this only be a caliper replacement since the OEM rotor is already MASSIVE or a full caliper/rotor combo? Also, like someone mentioned, will it still be able to retain the parking brake function? It certainly would make the M5 look like a proper performance sports sedan.

Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
This is very interesting. How would you manage brake balance if only upgrading rear?
Great question. Since the front already has massive rotors and 6-piston fixed calipers which would already be considered a big brake upgrade on other cars, I think the attention is diverted to the rears which still have an ugly single-piston floating caliper. Besides the much, much larger rotor I wonder if there's any difference between the M5 and other F10 5-series models?

In any case, I'm sure companies like IND will take brake balance in to account before releasing a product. Adding a proportioning valve or similar system to adjust brake bias doesn't seem very feasible on a street car. If I'm not mistaken, Turner Motorsports also mentioned brake upgrades as a component area that they'd like to upgrade on their project car. With the racing experience Turner has I have no doubt they will come out with a great product as well.