View Single Post
      12-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
RPiM5
Brigadier General

Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)

I know what u mean! Even at stock ride height the F10 M5 is in danger on hitting curbs that are higher than others. I plan on lowering mine as soon as the Eibach Springs come out , but one way that I alleviated this problem is I bought some Tracwrap and cover the entire underside of the front bumper with it. My front bumper is clear-bra'd but the template does not cover the very bottom of it. The Tracwrap works great, cause its also clear but it's 3 times thicker than clear-bra. Plus it's easy to just replace if it gets scratched.

I've already had one occurrence when I was pulling out of a steep driveway out of a gas station front ways, and I scraped the bottom of my front bumper but the Tracwrap totally saved it!

I will say that it did take me a little while to cover the entire bottom of the front bumper as I had to take time and cut small pieces to get uniform coverage. It was a fun little project though, and no one can really tell that it's there because it's on the bottom and its clear.

If I were you if wait til your bumper gets a little more beat up then respray it, put a clear-bra on and put Tracwrap in the bottom, and most importantly park far away from curbs and those damned cement parking spot bumpers!
Seems like 2 years ago, my F10 M5 was one of the fastest cars on the planet. Now we have McLaren 650S's, Lambo Huracan's, Dodge Charger Hellcats, and Supercharged Dodge Viper's. Makes me wonder what the next generation M5 will bring.