View Single Post
      01-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #8

Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

Originally Posted by vaibhav11 View Post
I put the gloss black emblem from IND on my Monte Carlo Blue M5. The installation was pretty easy... I just followed the instructions posted by IND.

I'm somewhat indifferent on the black emblem on the MCB color. I like that it matches the black side marker grills that i put in, as well as the black kidney grills. But it's also hard to read the M on the MCB color. It could have been the lighting this afternoon when the did the install, and the car was pretty dirty too. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I too have a monte carlo blue M5 and contemplated on changing the chrome highlights of the car (front and side grills and M5 badge) with the black ones, however, after seeing in person a friend's M5 that had those accents changed from chrome to black, I decided not to proceed. I did not like it at all as it seems that chrome gave the monte carlo blue body much more stature and elegance. The black accent would probably go better in a lighter colored body such as white but not on a dark body such as MCB. Anyway, to each his own and hope those changes grow on you soon.