View Single Post
      04-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
baf3472
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 iX 12 M5 09 750li 00 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickC23 View Post
I've never been a heavy modder, usually just wheels and some changes to some trim pieces. Since I cant visualize what Id like to do, just hoping for some feedback and get some opinions, and yes I know, the decision is mine so Im just looking for some influence on an Alpine White/Sakhir F10.

Definite mods

Modulare B18 wheels in brushed matte titanium (already arrived)
IND gloss black front grills
IND side gills with gloss black surrounds, matte black inners and clear LEDs
IND Alpine White front reflectors
Black M License plate frame
55% Charcool Madico Tint (NJ is a no tint state so Im going light - have always had light tints)

Now onto my questions on potential mods -

I definitely want larger exhaust tips, not doing a full exhaust mod

1.) 90mm Dry Carbon Tips or SS tips?? (CYBA)
2.) M Performance Spoiler from IND with AW pinstripe - But question is if I go with dry carbon tips , do I go with a dry carbon M spoiler to keep the theme? Is there even such a thing? I believe I saw it offered from IND, perhaps with a matte clear coat? Andy/Nate?
3.) Door handle trim pieces - was thinking of just getting it wrapped. Do I wrap it in matte black vinyl, gloss black vinyl, a dry carbon vinyl, gloss carbon vinyl?

I have actually never been a big fan of CF, but its grown on me a lot with the contrast with Alpine White. For the record, if I chose a darker car, I probably would not black out as many trim pieces, I actually think the MCB and black cars look very nice with chrome, I just really dont like chrome with white.

Thx for any input

patrick
Im in the same boat as you. Never been a big modder, just a few subtle changes to make it mine. Ive done all the mods you have as definite except for the wheels. Ive looked at alot of wheels and to me, they nailed it 100% on the stock wheel. If I designed a custom rim for my car, it would look just like the factory wheel. I also added spacers and plan to lower with H&R springs. In the future, I may change the grey parts of the wheel to black (my car is saphire black) with a polished face. I also removed the door handle strips and had them painted gloss black to match the rest of the trim.
There was a post here a while ago about someone offering just the exhaust tips. Ill probably do those in stainless. Im also probably going to get a RKP front spoiler. If my car was white, I would probably wrap/paint the roof black. I love that look on white BMWs.
I just love everything about this car and there arent too many things I would do to it to make it perfect.
Good luck with yor mods.
Appreciate 0