View Single Post
      05-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Bored: Added this 2012 Audi R8 V10- Klassen Wheels- GMG Exhaust and Springs

Im still in the M Family with my M6. I just wanted to expanded my German ownership to 4 brands now.

My apologies for the cell phone pics up front but I wanted to share once I got the wheels on. I actually found this V10 about 3 weeks ago on the lot and got a great deal. I have and had a lot of dual clutch cars but have also had an SMG (similar to the R tronic) so I wasnt afraid or worried about the transmission as some might be.

First thing I did was contact my local area Audi mod expert GMG Racing. They are here in Orange County, CA and have a ton of experience on R8's. The owner James Sofronas actually races on the ALMS and won the GT Class at the recent Long Beach Grand Prix. I had taken my previous 997.1TT there for work so I knew I was in good hands. Allen Ward, the Service Manager, hooked me up with their amazing GMG GT exhaust and GMG lowering springs. The exhaust is out of this world soundwise- just incredible. The springs are the perfect set up for me, not too low but visually enhancing (20mm drop at all corners). I then did the GIAC tune (another local tuner) who partners with GMG with their products. This gave me piece of mind since all the R&D on the tune was matched up with the exhaust I got. Ill post dyno sheets as well but on the low reading GMG mustang dyno I got 440hp versus low 400's stock... good gains in my book and this was at the wheels on an AWD car

The wheels are by Klassen and are style M52 in gunmetal. I wanted to retain the stock tires since they were brand new so we built a 19x8.5 and 19x11 setup with just more aggressive offsets to fill in the gaps. I was very impressed with the quality and function of the wheels. My stock wheels (titanium split 5 spokes) weighed with tires 43lbs up front (per corner) and 55lbs (per corner) in the rear. The stock wheels are forged so I knew that cutting weight would be tight. The Klassens actually weighed 1 lb less up front (with tires per corner) and 2 lbs less in the rear (per corner). I didnt weigh the wheels alone but assume they were under 19 lbs in the front and right at 20 in the rear which to me is perfect for my needs; street driving.

Special thanks:
GMG Racing and Allen Ward
Frank and Angel at Klassen Wheels
Osman at Audi-OEM for the face lift badge (black badges just arrived last night so Ill get em on soon)
Andre at Hofele for his rear carbon lip spoiler- tremendous quality and fitment.

Here is a vid of the exhaust done by GMG on a V10. Mine is actually the GT exhaust which has 3 1/2 inches of piping and the sound is even better. Let me tell you this, the car in person is just amazing in sound (sorry cliche but true). I get so many thumbs up for the sound alone:

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0