06-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #54
Maddict3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
///M car owners like this are all over.

I experienced one like this also about a month ago. I was actually on my way to go get my new catless downpipes installed but I still had the RPi GTM on my M5 and it's still very loud. So I was slowly making my way through bumper to bumper traffic and low and behold I spot another Sapphire Black Metallic F10 M5 up ahead of me. His M5 looked 100% stock, not even the windows were tinted. The traffic was only moving at about 15-20mph but I managed to shuffle my way through the traffic and pulled up right next to him. I have dark tinted front windows so I roll my front window down and waited for him to see me. No luck. So I naturally throw my DCT into Neutral and proceed to give the RPi GTM exhaust a good roar. I look over at the guy and he still doesn't look over. I just wanted to give him a thumbs up or cool guy head-nod or whatever, but to no avail could I get his attention. After a few minutes of waiting for him to look over, the traffic ahead of me in my lane opens up a little bit, so that I have a some room to accelerate if I wanted to. I then hit the ///M button and floor it with the GTM ROARING behind me, thinking surely this would get his attention. I slowed back down and he catches up. Still NOTHING! LOL! I'm thinking this guy is either in LA LA land or he's intentionally giving me the cold shoulder. So I was like oh whatever dude, I roll down my window anyways and give a thumbs up with my arm fully extended out into the air flow and then pull into the next lane ahead of me and took the next exit for a shortcut out of the highway traffic. I think some people really have their head up their ass and it is like Stealth said, they are not enthusiasts just people who make a lot of money and can afford the top tier cars that car manufacturers produce, but have no real passion for the product.

Although looking back now, I wonder if that dude thought I was trying to race him in bumper to bumper traffic. LOL!

I usually will just give my exhaust a good rev whenever I see another ///M car on the road, doesn't matter what it is. Or if I see an ///M owner parked, I will go up and talk to them. One time I staked out this dude's E60 M5 just to meet him (he had some pretty good mods on his M5, that's why). The other day I saw this E64 M6 Convertable with its top down sitting at a traffic light and I made it a point to roll by him and rev my exhaust. I looked back and saw the look on his face and it was priceless (and this was with my Catless Downpipes so I basically started an earthquake)! LOL!

Hahaha you seem like a cool guy.
Appreciate 0