This has to have been the longest, most gueling, most difficult, and yet most rewarding road trip I have ever done in my life. After this trip I have now been to and visited 45 of the 50 states. The only states I have left are Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, and Alaska. Getting to do this M5 was essential for me. Doing it in any other car would have meant the trip would have been much less special. I hit every kind of weather from 80's to freezing below 32 degrees, sunny and dry to downpouring rain and even snow! The M5 performed supberly. I used 1 bottle of oil at the beginning at 1 bottle at the end. I now have over 26,000 miles on my F10 M5 in only 14 months of ownership. I just got her back from a servicing at a local BMW dealership and had a whole bunch of maintenance things done, but overall my car is in great shape. The only things that took a beating was my fenders behind the front wheels and my hood. I have many new rock chips now and I am trying to decide what I want to do about it. I hit 170mph on one stretch of road and have driven some of the very best roads that this entire country has to offer in an F10 M5. I can say with confidence that the F10 M5 does not need the Competition Package, nor does it need Carbon Ceramic Brakes or better steering in my opinion. I think the car is perfect the way it is and adding the ZCP, the CCB's, and a refined steering rack is all good, because it makes the M5 just that much better. Truth be told I haven't been driving my M5 much lately since I've arrived here in DC. This city is just not conducive to a car that is probably capable of 200mph. I will keep it for as long as I can or want. At this point I feel, that I have driven the F10 M5 to 99% of it's full capability, the remaining 1% is to see how fast it can really go with the top speed limiter removed. I'll get there one day.
WTF is "Singapore Gray Metallic"? Whats the difference between that and Malaysian Silver Grey?