View Single Post
      04-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #1
Larsemann
Norway
Rep
Drives: M5 F10, 991 4S, VW E-UP!

M5 F10 at the Ring next weekend - cant sleep

I am looking forward to drive my black 2012 M5 F10 at the Nurburgring 1.5 to 3.5.14. How will it deal with all the turns, hard braking, high speed parts and so on. Last two years at the Ring I had a fabulous Panamera Turbo - the best big car at the track for me so far. 8 mins B to G with grace. The Porsche had no problems at all. My M5 E60 was great fun at the Ring, with a nymphomanic engine (nothing like a screamer!) - and I`m sure my very angry F10 is much better in handling, brakes and performance. I have implemented manual steering of the exhaust sound, open all the time in M1 and M2 mode - helps a lot to get the best sound as possible all the time.
I have changed to Castrol react SRF brake fluid, to avoid brake problems. I will also bring my 991 4S to feel the differens of these cars - head to head. It`s gone be fun. Do anyone have any experience with the F10 at the Ring or any trackdays regarding brakes, tires, handling and so on? Is the car best on 19" og 20"? Is the Michelin PSS the best tire for the track? I`m not to happy with the looks of the M343s, but their light and strong. Any suggestions on alternatives except the too expensive BBS Fi? Here`s a lap from last year with the Pana in front of my brothers 991 Carerra - great fun. It`s all about keeping calm.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0