Updated with video:
The M5 30 Jahre Edition comes equipped with a host of bespoke features:
- 600hp and 700Nm power/torque output
- 20" light alloy M Double-spoke style 601M alloy wheels in bi-colour
- '30 Jahre M5' stitching on front and rear seats
- Anthracite Alcantara centre console, arm rests and door pulls
- BMW Individual Black Alcantara / Full Merino leather upholstery
- BMW Individual Frozen Dark Silver metallic paintwork
- Dark Chrome tailpipes, side gills, kidney grille and door handle inserts
- Door sill finishers with '30 Jahre M5' designation
- Interior trim, Dark Aluminium Trace with Dark Chrome finisher, '30 Jahre M5' and '1/300' designation
- M Sport Anthracite Alcantara multifunction steering wheel with gearshift paddles
- Side gills with '30 Jahre M5' designation
Additional BMW M5 30 Jahre Edition standard features.
In addition to the exclusive content, the M5 30 Jahre Edition features the following equipment as standard above a regular M5:
- Adaptive LED Headlights
- Comfort Access with smart-opener
- Competition package
- Driving Assistant
- Headlining, Anthracite Alcantara
- Instrument panel upper and lower sections, Nappa leather
- Loudspeaker system - harman/kardon
- Lumbar support, driver and front passenger
- M Sport multi-function seats, front
- Split-folding rear seat with additional 12 volt rear power sockets
First real life photos (thanks to George Javier):
Updated With Official Press Release:
Woodcliff Lake, NJ...
BMW announced today a limited run of 30 copies
of the new 30th Anniversary Edition BMW M5 for 2015. The BMW M5 “30 Jahre M5” will be produced in a limited run of 300 examples worldwide, and 30 of them will be imported to the United States. With an output of 600hp and 516 lb-ft of torque, it will not only be the most powerful M5 ever sold but also the most powerful BMW production model ever. Starting at $138,275
, including destination and handling, the first 29 copies of the 30th Anniversary Edition BMW M5 will be offered to the first 29 customers who reserve it by dialing the dedicated BMW Customer Relations hotline at 1:00pm EDT (10:00am PDT), on Wednesday, May 21, 2014
. The 30th copy of the Edition will be retained by BMW of North America, LLC, and may be sold at a later date.
Purchasers of a 30th Anniversary Edition BMW M5 will be invited to a one-day M Driving School at The Thermal Club, a private motorsports facility in Palm Springs, CA.
BMW of North America will engage social media as a platform to reveal the phone number for the reservation hotline for US customers to order one of the 30th Anniversary Edition BMW M5s. That number will be revealed on BMW of North America's Instagram channel (BMWUSA) over the five days leading up to May 21, beginning on Saturday, May 17. Each day, in addition to revealing portions of the call-in number, will offer fun facts about each of the successive five generations of BMW M5.
BMW of North America's Instagram channel provides exclusive Ultimate Driving Machine content to an active community of BMW super fans and automotive enthusiasts. This audience of nearly 60,000 followers has a clear passion for the M-brand, with M-specific content consistently receiving over 30% more engagement than average.
30th Anniversary Edition BMW M5 offers increased performance
The 4.4 liter BMW M TwinPower Turbo V8 engine from the M5 with Competition Package receives an additional 25 horsepower thanks to increased turbocharger pressure and engine control module enhancements. Elsewhere, the addition of a dedicated control module allows the Active M Differential to react sooner and improve the traction when exiting corners.
Capable of 0 to 60 mph in an estimated 3.7 seconds, the 30th Anniversary Edition BMW M5 adds an improved M-specific Servotronic function as well as an improved M Dynamic mode, prepared to use the full potential of the increased power and traction.
30th Anniversary Edition BMW M5 includes unique styling and interior details
Featuring a Frozen Dark Silver Metallic exterior, part of the BMW Individual palette of hues, the 30th Anniversary Edition BMW M5 is also identified with Black Chrome “30 Jahre M5” (German for 30 years of the M5) badges, appearing on the kidney grill surrounds, the front fenders, door handles and twin dual exhaust pipes. The exterior of the 30th Anniversary Edition M5 is further complemented by 20 inch, bi-color M light-alloy wheels.
“30 Jahre M5” badges are also featured in the interior, with a 1/300 identification number integrated into the Aluminum Trace trim strip on the front passenger side of the cockpit.
A black Alcantara/Leather combination graces the M multifunctional seats which also include embroidered “30 Jahre M5” badges. The center console and the door panels are also covered in black Alcantara, while the headliner features Alcantara Anthracite.
Invitation to Exclusive BMW M Driving School at The Thermal Club
In order to further enhance the M experience with this vehicle, buyers of the 30th Anniversary Edition BMW M5 will be invited to an exclusive one-day track event and M driving school at The Thermal Club in Palm Springs, CA. The event will be held in the Fall of 2014 with more details to follow.
This year marks the BMW M5's 30th anniversary and to mark the occasion, BMW will be releasing a 30th Anniversary M5.
Here are the details:
- July 2014 start of production (ending November 2014)
- Volume: TBA (but badging shows "1/300")
- 600 PS (592 HP) (up from standard 560 HP)
- 700 Nm (516 LB-FT) (up from standard 502 LB-FT)
- DCT only
- Competition Package
- 20" Style 601M wheels in jet black polished
- Individual Frozen Dark Silver Metallic (Note: photo is showing Frozen Grey Metallic)
- Full leather Merino/Alcantara with 30th Anniversary M5 stitching
- Alcantara steering wheel, middle console, armrest, door handle
- 30th Anniversary badge on aluminum trim
- Likely to debut at the M Festival next month