View Single Post
      05-22-2014, 03:44 PM   #30
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
To be honest. I don't see any real comparison at all to the cars. M5 is a grand tourer. C2S is a sports car. In an acceleration test it is silly to pit the C2S vs. the M5. My M6 would leave my former C2S in the dust. It would also roast a California, which is also in a different price bracket but also for a different purpose (flashy).

I would say if we want to go for an all out comparison of cars then then the M5 and the Panamera Turbo are the more apples to apples cars. Both made for similar purposes. I would think the M5 beats the Panamera from a roll, the Panamera beats the M5 from a stop and the Panamera tales it on a track (assuming PDCC).

I can't believe we are even feeding this silly post. For whatever reason, it always seems like a brand war. I do not dislike BMW. I have owned so many of them and currently have the F12 M6 cab. Sitting here lately deciding on whether to keep the Cali and get rid of the M6 of vice-versa.. Pretty sure we are keeping the M6 if that tells you anything. Heavy as a pig and bad traction on launch but she's a dang rocket once you get her rolling. Makes most cars look silly on short runs (C2S included).
I agree with comparison between M5 vs Panamera Turbo or GTS is fair; however I doubt Pany can beat M5 eaither rolling or drag! and I agree this is not a good comparison (M5 vs C2S) and as I said OP's concern was just straight line and nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Let's also not forget torque rating as these are low speed rolling starts. This is why I said turbo vs. turbo.

M5=502
C2S=325
Panamera S=553 (590 overboost)

I have actually done these races in my M6 (pre-DP) against a new C4S from highway rolls at around 60 mph. M6 jumps it instantly. 1.5 lengths without even trying. With DP it would annihilate the C2S and C4S. I have never actually run the TTS vs the M6 but I can confidently say the TTS would leave the M6 in a similar fashion.
you may be interested to read this report to see what's the performance of M6 CP. with this numbers I will not be surprised to see M6 beats 911 Turbo in 1 mile race, but not 911 Turbo S

Edit: the following report reffers to 911TTS (560 HP , 700 NM)
Attached Images

Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8

Last edited by M6-Coupe; 05-22-2014 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 0