stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5
The BMW //M Models depreciate like Bricks Also. Never heard of Porsche offering a $299/Lease. Must have a significant down Payment. Any High end P-Car ($150-200K) Is going to have shit resale. Virtually the same thing for all High end cars.

P-Cars have never been about the Tech. They will never be. They are all about the drive.
Only if you overpay.

BMW M models represent real value in my opinion because the dealers don't charge MSRP.

I couldn't get a start of season Panamera Turbo custom built below MSRP. I know because I tried last August. The moment you walk in and say you want a turbo well equipped with custom paint they think they can charge MSRP and won't budge from that.

With the M5 you can buy close to invoice if you know your dealer well and get the CCA discount.

My 2013 M5 I owned for 16 months and lost $12,000 in depreciation. I bought it for 97 and sold it for 85 after 10k miles and 16 months. That's about $800 a month. You wouldn't get anywhere near that value retention on a Panamera Turbo or GTS.

The reason many here lost their shirts on their M5s is because they either:
1) Pay too much in the first place
2) Buy it in the middle of model year rather than the first month it comes out which means they spread the 1st year depreciation over too few months.
3) Modify or crash their cars thereby compromising resale value.

I've studied pricing of all brands because I pride myself on minimizing TCO. If you want a Porsche buy used from some idiot who underpriced the car. If you want a BMW the same is true, but you can also do very well buying new at ED invoice at start of model year and then selling 12 months later.
Appreciate 0