gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
If you are an advanced level solo driver I'd give the CCB's 15- 20 track days tops before they are toast assuming they are = or better than Porsches. 600hp on a >4000lb car is a lot of heat.At my local track Roebling road I would expect to be braking from the limiter (159mph GPS every lap) thats going to be a lot of brake work. That being said not many if any will see that many track days. I'm planning on tracking mine once this August just on principle , but tire costs, track insurance , etc. will be prohibitive for regular use even discounting brake wear. I'll report back after on how she holds up, specifically outside tire edge wear, oil temps etc.
George
I read somewhere that all of the M cars at the M Performance school are using Carbon Ceramic Brakes now. They used to have to replace the brakes on the M cars once every 1-2days at the school with the steel rotors but now they only replace them once a month with the CCB's. I'd imagine that the cars at the M school get a lot more braking action than any one individual can put on their own personal M car in a month. This is what I heard anyway.
Most people attending the M schools are very green , even though they over brake they are not carrying as much speed into the braking zones either . So replacing every month there vs 15 -20 days consisting of an hour of legitimate hard track time is consistent .
Appreciate 0