07-18-2014, 11:37 AM   #98
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostud View Post
Ok, but updated comments on the seat of the pants feel in the different modes? Do you feel Dinan smoothed out the torque curve some or applied constant boost across the entire range? For instance, my previous car (2011 F10 550i) was Dinan Stage 4 reflashed and it totally smoothed out the torque curve so that car had a much smoother application of power.
I would think the only way Dinan could do that with Dtronics would be to apply different boost at different RPM ranges. Also, I am not sure why BMW didn't go with a mechanical LSD for the M5. I had that on my 550i (Dinan), and it made a huge difference in getting the power to the ground.
The Dinan Stage 2 on my 535i made a huge difference across the entire range on the lowend. I could feel it from 0-80 in a big way. Here it's the opposite. The 0-60 is faster but it seemed to me that the car finished the second half the quarter mile more quickly than previously and then went from say 118 to 140 much faster than before. I really haven't had much of a chance to drive around because the weather is rainy the last two days.

I want to try some more quarters and 0-100s and 0-60s but that will have to wait for better weather.
Appreciate 0