07-18-2014, 12:07 PM   #14
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
Do you have any documentation on this "extra protection"? I've always seen that pressing the remote lock after the car is locked deactivates the internal sensor.
basically if you press lock button 2nd time straight away and you get red light in rear-view mirror stay on for couple of seconds, in case someone would break your window, he wont be able to open the door from inside

you can test it yourself
lock the car with 1 or all windows open, get your hand inside the car from outside and pull the door handle from inside, it will unlock the door with first pull and will open it with second pull, obviously keep the key far away from the car

now do the same, after red light comes on and stays there for couple of seconds, you wont be able to unlock the door from inside.

i have just realised that if somebody would break a window, they can try to open it with a center console button, but i am not sure it is going to work. will test it today

i dont have any documentation, just my observation and i sleep better at night, if i "lock it twice".
i am sure if one reads the manual, there is something about it

let me know if you find any info on that
Appreciate 0