View Single Post
      12-25-2014, 06:55 PM   #13
rampage76
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5, 2015 428i Convertible

Thanks for the replies. I have Mexican tourist insurance - full coverage. I have AAA insurance - full coverage but only in the US. So, I can'r turn this over to my US insurance, which is why I got Mexican insurance. At this point, going to the insurance company is not going to be an option and I'll have to eat the $8000+ out of pocket. I did not follow the procedures in my Mexican insurance policy and it specifically says that I've disqualified myself from coverage because of certain procedures that I did not follow. It is a bad situation because if I had followed the procedures, my total loss would have been the $500 deductible instead of how astronomical it will be now.

I don't see how I am at risk legally. It is only my property that is damaged, so I don't think I need a lawyer - am I wrong? The plan is to drive back over the border tomorrow. I am planning to go to at least one body shop tomorrow and get an estimate and then try to get a couple of quotes from BMW repair shops with the highest ratings.

Does anyone think I should do something else given my actions so far?
Appreciate 0