Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Spinny02 I believe this poll should be expanded to ask is how does one drive in general, not just at the time of failure, i.e. scale from gently all the time to red line/full throttle wherever feasible, cornering style, track use, etc. It would also be interesting to see where stock vs piggy/tune sits against this scale. Results of such a poll may be better represented as a matrix rather than a straightforward list. My purely speculative view is that the DT MAL is most likely related to how the car is generally driven rather than at the time of failure or specifically related to a tune (which will increase potential for failure). I doubt it's a manufacturing/design defect.
Great comments. Agreed on the matrix but i don't think this site has that option? I also think you are correct on driving style.

Over 35% get the error. That leads me to believe its more of a design issue or induced on purpose for protection. When purchasing a car with 560-75 HP and an "M" logo BMW should expect that the customers are going to put it to the test. Errors likes these should not be common on a stock car.

Thanks for the votes. This is good stuff.