View Single Post
      01-09-2015, 11:18 AM   #1
Sic'eM 5
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

New owner - can't stop smiling

A special thanks to the users of this forum, with your help I:
- ordered my beast from Greg Poland in Cali (he's the man), Dallas dealers were worthless
- learned how to track the ship as it made the journey across the Atlantic
- read every post as I waited
- will likely buy $80 wheel wax as the brake dust is as heavy as described and I really like her to be clean
- freaked out about break-in, decided not to worry about it. I 'generally' try to follow the recommendations in the manual, but that only lasts until she is warm and then I push the accelerator and smile

Takeaways after 4 weeks
- fast. Love 60mph to xxMPH acceleration as much as zero to x
- smoooooth. Cruising at 90 feels like 60
--- need a good radar detector
- Singapore grey is absolutely beautiful. It's almost slightly blue. I couldn't be happier with the color
- silver stone interior (full leather) may be the death of me. Bought a bottle of leather cleaner after 1 week bc of smudges but it seems to have gotten more resistant.
- massaging seats - how did I live before this??
- HK stereo is perfect enough for me. Satellite radio sounds like crap tho (low bit rate?)
- heads up display is awesome

Only have one strange question/issue so far:
- at startup, the Idrive starts with a short M "video" but it often gets cut short by the warning screen. Any ideas? Wouldn't mind seeing the whole video every time.

For market color on the competition, I looked real hard at the Tesla, several hours of test drives, lots of research. After my last telsa test drive I walked into the showroom and sat in an M5 for the first time... Was sold instantly. The interior of the bmw is light yrs ahead of tesla, especially the seats. Once telsa upgrades the finish out and an adult can sit in the rear without banging their head on the rear window, it may be hard for me to stay away.

Look forward to contributing to the forum where I can, and hopefully I can stay away from the engine modification threads
Attached Images

Appreciate 0