06-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #110
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bönz View Post
I have no idea who said this, where it comes from or what it means. It sounds like an ECU talking in first person. In any case, it is poor diction and hard to follow. The driver of the vehicle doesn't have direct control over the waste gates.

But I know this: The S63Tu will produce full boost (full power) on any throttle setting when your foot is to the floor. The accelerator mode control changes only the MAPPING. Sure you will get more boost SOONER in the pedal stroke in Sport and Sport+, but you will not get more peak boost. The accelerator setting only affects the ratio between pedal movement and the Valvetronic throttle system.

There isn't one single control that directly alters the engine's output. Indirectly, the stability and traction control systems (if on) will reduce engine torque (and selectively apply the brakes) to prevent spins and slides. But as we know the "nanny" intervention can be reduced by switching on MDM or switching them off altogether.
The Head of BMW engine development in an interview with this website, I agree on the diction but perhaps it's just a translation issue?

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588858

Scroll down, if you care to, it's half way down.