View Single Post
      07-02-2015, 07:49 AM   #1
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Cleaned and conditioned my leather, wow what a difference!

So after attending the Tudor 6 Hours of The Glen this past weekend, my M5 and it's interior took a beating due to all the rain that the Track got. Parking outside the Track was atrocious due to the heavy rain and most of the lots were either flooded or very very muddy and most cars that parked in the grassy/muddy lots got stuck. I ended up scoring some parking in the infield but at a cost. I had a passenger with me during the weekend and they weren't as quick to shut the doors on the M5 while it was raining. In the end I ended up getting a lot of rain water inside the car, on the doors, on the seats, on the dash. Plus the outside of the car got very muddy, even driving on paved roads around the track.

When I got back home, the next day I went and did a full details on the M5 myself. It had been a long while since I had cleaned in the interior leather anyways so it needed to be done. For a while now I thought that I had gotten a scratch or two on my leather steering wheel because it felt really rough on one spot. So I applied Lexol Leather Cleaner and Lexol Leather Conditioner to most of the leather areas inside the M5. The big dirty areas were the two front seats, the drivers side door, and the center console. After using the Lexol Leather cleaner the cloth I was using had turned dark brown indicating the layer of dirt that had built up on the surfaces. So after cleaning and conditioning, it felt like a brand new car inside. I did the entire steering wheel too and it feels silky smooth again. For people that drive and spend a lot of time in their M5's like Boots and I, cleaning and conditioning the leather will make the car feel new again. It feels so good to sit in the seats again, the leather just feels so soft again, I love it.

So lesson of the day, clean and condition your leather people, it makes a big difference.

I'll try to upload some pictures later.

Appreciate 0