View Single Post
      11-05-2015, 08:53 AM   #18
SuddenDebt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90potentialbuyer View Post
You can do a re-lease. I was offered an insane 24 month lease on a 9 month old M5 - dealers are allowed to lease such cars out with BMW programs. The payment was about $750 (IIRC) on a $130k sticker car. It was all black and I snoozed.

If you like 24 months, let your CA know. If you have a good relationship with your CA, he will probably drop you a line when a car comes in. I think it's ridiculous someone will change the car after a few months, but someone's loss / stupidity can be your gain.

Lease swap is another good idea. A friend of mine picked up a 22 month lease on a 550i xdrive for the same reason as what you mentioned (didn't want to be stuck in a F car when G is around the corner).

Hope this helps. Good luck.
I was looking for low miles car so that I could re-lease but the pricing offered is not significantly different from MSRP.

For example, if the MSRP is $100k, I would expect that when the dealer bought back few month old car, they offered around $75k to a previous buyer. However, now that they are selling (re-lease) it again, they are doing it for around $96K. In your view, how much I should push them down approx. I am thinking of around $80k.

Also, is there any financial benefit in doing a 24 month lease on a 2015 brand new, asuuming the discounts are at least 15%. I think it can be pushed to 20%.

Thanks for your input

Last edited by SuddenDebt; 11-05-2015 at 09:06 AM..
Appreciate 0