View Single Post
      12-11-2015, 09:42 AM   #7
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Take smaller steps, as every one says dude. I didn't get my first M5 until I was over 30 years old. Get something more affordable with less power and fun. E90/E92 M3 is a great starting point. You will learn to appreciate the NA engine before you get into Turbos, and the M3 is a much easier car to handle, you will definitely get in way less trouble with it. If I were you I'd shoot somewhere in the 30k to 45k price range. I advise you to stay away from the E60/E63 M5 and M6 due to them being maintenance and repair nightmares. The E92 M3 is a pretty solid car though. Or maybe even an Audi. S5's are great cars. The RS5 is even better and you still won't get into any trouble with that one. Or maybe even a used 997 Porsche Carrera S. You want a car that you can learn from, that way when you get into more expensive and more powerful cars, you won't have the desire to go full throttle or drift the car sideways as much, because you already got that out of your system with a cheaper car. Good luck young gun.

Appreciate 0