View Single Post
      08-27-2016, 05:21 PM   #19
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSIXCARBON View Post
Hold on I’m confused now, if everything was done for a reason, then why would you reduce the pipe from 3.5 to 3.25? The OEM inlet is 3.5. That doesn’t add up to me, I also recall reading when you were “developing” these intakes that you had Maf codes. You can see the RK section is an exact replica of the OEM maf section, down to the curvature.

Do you have flow bench numbers for your intakes? RK Autowerks has provided flow bench numbers for their product, OEM, charcoal, and your product. That is not calculated data, that is real life testing. We can debate your track numbers all day. But going to the track one day, then 2 weeks later, doesn’t mean anything. Your intake temps changing are more significant than the intakes at that point. Don’t get me wrong, nobody is doubting your intakes make power, but how much is the question here. I feel the guys at RK being aerospace engineers might know a thing or too. I spoke to the owner and he has heavy experience in the automotive industry working for the OEMs.

You yourself must know that the car does not need 2 weeks to adapt, that is unreasonable. Even then, intakes do not effect anything in terms of “adaptations.” Intakes are simply a restriction on the system which the car has to endure as the RK owner explained in his engineering paper.

You should be able to put the intakes on the car and instantly see power. This is proven and the engineering backs it up. I saw this on the dyno myself, I did not need 2 weeks of driving around.

Sounds like the guys at RK made a product that looks good on paper, calculated numbers, validated numbers via CFD, validated numbers via flow benching, validated via dyno testing; resulting in a great product. I understand you have track times, but you can’t argue that a flow bench does not hold more value when developing intakes. You eliminate all the variables, temperature, humidity, the entire vehicle engine, and so on. If the argument was for a naturally aspirated car, I can understand that. But this is a turbo vehicle where reducing restriction is the name of the game.
The MAF location of the oem intake pipe is 3.25" not 3.5" if you want I'll take a pic for you to make you happy.

And as for two weeks adaptation you are correct for the rk design doesn't need it because of efficiency where as the MSR intake is of compressed air design which is totally different. The reason it takes two weeks is because the car has to learn the new flow characteristics because of its higher volume and velocity of air by mph and what happens is the dmes close the throttle to protect it from runing too lean. As time passes they add more fuel and open the throttle more and more each day which the end result making more power. You wouldn't know this because your flow bench isn't gonna tell you. Reall live data on the street and logging while recording every test in performance is key to a well designed product.

I've done my testing in every way and I'm not the one that's here trying to compare intakes you guys brought me into this. Anyone can copy someone else's design and try and make it better, as for my design it's been proven not by just me but by several customers and they can all tell you the two weeks adaptation is as real as it gets.

The fully modded M5 that I told you about that dropped his times by .5 seconds and gained 4-5 mph actually couldn't wait for two weeks and the track numbers also proved adaptation is real

I installed his intake on a Friday and I told him it needed two weeks, he had no patience and went to the track that following wed. From his best 12.0 @120 mph he ran 11.7@121 mph. I told him to go the following week and he would see a big difference. So he went the following wed and ran 11.5-11.6 @124/125 mph consistently. I design my own products of my own cars and they go through every kind of testing and logging. I'm not a company taking a customers car and making a product but someone that wants the best performance possible for years always been my goal from the time I could drive.

So you can talk about flow testing data ect that doesn't mean your gonna perform as well as you think. I suggest take the rk intake and run it against an MSR intake stock cars and run them, you will see the difference.
Appreciate 1