DCT OFF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M sports,2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 F10 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSIXCARBON View Post
Hold on I’m confused now, if everything was done for a reason, then why would you reduce the pipe from 3.5 to 3.25? The OEM inlet is 3.5. That doesn’t add up to me, I also recall reading when you were “developing” these intakes that you had Maf codes. You can see the RK section is an exact replica of the OEM maf section, down to the curvature.

Do you have flow bench numbers for your intakes? RK Autowerks has provided flow bench numbers for their product, OEM, charcoal, and your product. That is not calculated data, that is real life testing. We can debate your track numbers all day. But going to the track one day, then 2 weeks later, doesn’t mean anything. Your intake temps changing are more significant than the intakes at that point. Don’t get me wrong, nobody is doubting your intakes make power, but how much is the question here. I feel the guys at RK being aerospace engineers might know a thing or too. I spoke to the owner and he has heavy experience in the automotive industry working for the OEMs.

You yourself must know that the car does not need 2 weeks to adapt, that is unreasonable. Even then, intakes do not effect anything in terms of “adaptations.” Intakes are simply a restriction on the system which the car has to endure as the RK owner explained in his engineering paper.

You should be able to put the intakes on the car and instantly see power. This is proven and the engineering backs it up. I saw this on the dyno myself, I did not need 2 weeks of driving around.

Sounds like the guys at RK made a product that looks good on paper, calculated numbers, validated numbers via CFD, validated numbers via flow benching, validated via dyno testing; resulting in a great product. I understand you have track times, but you can’t argue that a flow bench does not hold more value when developing intakes. You eliminate all the variables, temperature, humidity, the entire vehicle engine, and so on. If the argument was for a naturally aspirated car, I can understand that. But this is a turbo vehicle where reducing restriction is the name of the game.
was the guy with the MSR intake that knocked off .5 seconds off the quarter mile time almost two years ago,prior to installing the intake I was running an average of 12.0@120mph constantly,George installed the intake and told me it would need a couple weeks to get fully adapted because of the compressed air,I was so excited because I could hear the turbo spool and feel a difference in performance the day I left his shop,I couldn't wait for the two weeks so I went to the track in less than a week and ran a 11.7 @121mph and went back the following week when the car was fully adapt and ran 11.5/11.6 @124/125 mph,so I'm a true believer that the MSR intake do need some time to adapt.
Appreciate 0