View Single Post
      10-03-2016, 01:33 PM   #92
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
Every dealer might be different, but when I asked my service manager at the dealership he said they don't open the DCT. Clutch replacement they will do.
You also have to think about what dealerships are really supposed to be working on. They are only supposed to be working on 100% stock cars with 100% stock components. If you bought an M5 and kept it 100% stock for 100,000 miles then yes the stock DCT will probably be fine without a fluid change or any other maintenance during that time, but if you were to have a really high mileage car say around the 150k to 200k mileage range then yes the DCT gears would probably be done and the dealership would recommend replacing the entire transmission with a brand new one in order to reset the longevity of the entire unit rather than just replace discs, etc... where other components on the tranny are worn out. Also that was a really long run on sentence.

Seriously though, anything aftermarket for improvements to stock components I wouldn't want the dealerships messing with that stuff anyways, unless its Dinan where they make their parts super easy to install and most of the time better than stock components.

Appreciate 2