View Single Post
      03-20-2018, 05:27 AM   #25
jonny108
Registered
Rep
Drives: bme530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
So, yesterday I was driving the M5 through a narrow curved street in my neighborhood. I passed a few curbside parked cars at appproximately 20 mph and all of a sudden the collision warning system went crazy.
In a matter of a second, I got both the acute audible and visual warning. And then the system intervened and did an emergency brake, locking the wheels in the process

I was baffled because obviously there was no need for an intervention - I pass parked cars like that all the time and I was in complete control. Now if the street was slippery or icy I would've probably crashed into a parked car - because of the emergency brake stop.
Even my F10 535d with active cruise control and collision warning (ACC) never made an emergency brake intervention during 100.000 + miles in heavy stop and go traffic.

Does anyone happen to have this experience? I must say I don't like at all.
Have had the same happen to me twice now on my new 530d m sport. Very scary. On both occassiosns the car was doing less than 20mph. Local dealer tested it and could not find anything. Was told that the sensors may have been covered with dirt???.
Appreciate 0