03-06-2019, 01:32 PM   #22
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_M5 View Post
Thanks for the tips here. I've searched around the found cheapest rotor prices at bmwpartsnow, about $1173 for all full set of four rotors. I am getting the Z26 pads for front and rear and Rockauto has them for a good price. I saw a few reviews on Youtube and they seem to be quite favorable from performance car users.
OEM rotors

Pads: what are u looking for? cheapest? less dust? or no squeal?

i went with carbotech 1521 after much research with end users like i now am for less dust and oem feel, if not better. they werent cheap about the same as OEM.
cool story is I called to see how fast shipping would be and I found out they were in the oven just for me. they are made to order.

i approve, dust is minimal, no squeal yet, but I've come to think when the pads squeal on these cars you just need new rotors. but that is debateable.

-performance, I mean you can put a biscuit in these brakes and the massive caliper pistons are going to make it stop on a dime. if you think
youre a total wacko or track the car where you can feel the nuances of different brake pads because brake fade is happening after one good corner with steel brakes then u need to get carbon ceramics chap$$$$$ -rotors will last you a lifetime though

i cant speak for Z26 pads but the name lends itself to chevy with the 'Z' and my quick online search just bombarded me with Corvette and Chevrolet stuff and for that reason I probably would never go with them.
Appreciate 0