View Single Post
      12-05-2019, 02:28 PM   #3
MJK1
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 2012

I've now owned my 2012 M5 for 4 years and gone from 24000 to 60000 miles. Over that time it has cost me £4400 in maintenance. That comprises of main dealer services/MOT's, 4 new Michelin PS4S tyres, plugs, coils packs, front and rear brake pads, 2 comfort access door handles and the AC Condenser.

It's never broken down, the worst problem was a slight full throttle misfire which was cured with new coil packs.

By far the highest cost is depreciation, which I'd estimate at about £15000 over these 4 years (obviously far more if you buy newer, mine was just over 3 years old when I got it). Also the fuel cost was high at about £8600.

All in all, a brilliant car if properly maintained and treated with a degree of mechanical sympathy such as letting it warm up before using more than 50% throttle. The problem with buying these cars second hand is knowing how they have been treated. It's a complete lottery, even a pristine main dealer car could have been thrashed and you'd never know.

I've no plans to replace it. I've considered the F90 M5 but I actually prefer the looks of the F10 and I just couldn't justify the cost to change.
Appreciate 0