View Single Post
      04-07-2020, 04:25 PM   #9
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBull View Post
I think that may be a good place to start. BMW says the coolant is lifetime, so I'm not sure it'd be worth asking a BMW dealer what they would charge to swap coolant because A) coolant flush for the sake of changing the coolant and flushing the old fluid is not an actual BMW procedure for the F10 M5, and B) even if they took my money and said they were going to do something, I'd have to ask myself "well what did they really do?"

I had one indy BMW shop say they could do a main coolant flush for one price and an additional fee for a similar procedure on the intercoolers but I also then had two more local indy shops say that it's a closed system and as long as you haven't had to break into it, they don't recommend it.

So, given that my M5 only has a tad over 10k miles, time would be the only thing working against my fluid. I agree with your notion to get some test strips and test the pH of the coolant to best determine when I may need to replace the coolant. I ordered some GWR RadStrips off eBay that say are good to test for HOAT and I'll see where I'm at.
I can answer that as I'm on,only 10k miles...I wouldn't bother, it don't need it.
Appreciate 0