BBHMM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmike89 View Post
I had this exact issue with mine when I first installed it. I had a local shop to me install it as German Auto Werks is about 3hrs from me. Upon first install I had greatly increased differential whine noise. It was so loud that even with the radio on I could hear it. I thought for sure the mount was the problem. Contacted GAW and they told me to bring the car to them to look at. I went for a test drive with the owner and he stated it most certainly is not supposed to be this loud and something was wrong. They removed and reinstalled it and sure enough no more noise. They stated most people dont look at the directions they supply. These are the directions from BMW directly for the oem bracket. It's highlighted if not followed properly it can cause increased noise and that's with the stock bracket/bushing. So most certainly installing wrong with a delrin bushing can cause increased noise.

Not saying this is you're issue but it's the issue I had and something to at least look into.
yeah, thanks. Doubt this this applies in my case. A mate installed the unit. I watched and read out the instructions to him step by step
How he like it?? Any noise that everyone talking about???
Can anyone share sound clip with that diff noise??
Appreciate 0