View Single Post
      05-19-2022, 03:14 PM   #14
spiff
The Dr
Rep
Drives: M20 Saloon, F800S

So I took the pig back out to Willow, and had some fun with driving and learning more about this car.

- At the last track day (just a month ago) I had to flush my brake fluid at all four corners about half way through the day due to boiling fluid (pedal straight to the floor, then pressure would build up the next time I used the brakes).

However, just at the end of the first session I was immediately having the same issue, strange as it was still cool out and I wasn't doing too much braking.

So I flushed most of the RBF600 out and replaced it with proper Type 200 Dot 4 that I had my Track Box (I love this thing). Brakes were even better with much higher day-temps.

- The Driver Front tire corded after 3 sessions- so call it 7-8 sessions in total (15-25 minutes each). This would be 'typical' given that Turn 2 really chews away at tires there, especially without any additional camber adjustments.

** Here's where it gets fun **

So in an effort to keep driving and not go back to 100% street tires, I decided to put the BBS CH-R Rears (with street Kumho-somethings) up in the front. I swapped the Hoosiers in the back to fight some noticeable wear on the driver's side.

The BBS CH-R's are 20x10.5 w/ 295/30-20 tires.

HOLY MOLY did they not only look great, but there was ZERO rub, even on full lock-to-lock of the steering wheel. Zero rubbing at high speed through Turn 8 (125-130mph entry speed through a sweeping right hand turn).

At the beginning of the day I also test fit the 19x10 Hoosiers in the front, they fit just fine as well- zero rubbing, but they LOOKED as though they would rub.

You'll see below how the Rear Hoosiers fit on the front, and the BBS's up front.

This BADLY makes me want to run square on this car. 19x10.5's everywhere would be realllllllll nice.

- I think I touched 150mph a couple of times on the front straight, which was fun.

- These carbotech pads are really something else. Zero fade, great bite, and consistent pressure (minus the fluid issues).

Next up I definitely want to do Dinan Camber Control Arms and switch over to their springs so the car levels out a little more. I don't like the extreme rake from the KW springs (from the previous owner).
Attached Images