Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Brandoe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Raz View Post
Hmmm interesting situation.

On one hand, if you sell it for ~$12k, it'd be like selling it for $25k-$30k since you save the engine costs.

On the other, if this is your fun car, then you'd have a potentially trouble free, new engine to enjoy for a long time.

Thing is, with these replacement engines, shit could happen to them too. I know a person who had their engine blow up, replaced with an RK forged engine, and then that blew up not even a year later. Now is it the tune, the install, the engine, etc.? Each company will blame the other and you're still without an engine.

You had it for almost 10 years now and 100k miles, if I were you I'd move on to something else to experience. But I've been keeping my cars about 2 years at most these days. To be honest, I don't know what you'd replace with that's as fun as our cars though.
Thank you for the feedback Raz.

If I move on it will be to a f90 comp cert pre owned.

Maybe I'll just throw my f10 on eBay, hoping someone see it for the great deal it will be. It's paid off, so not really pressed.

Side of me want to keep, rebuild the motor and hop into a 2021-2022 m4 comp awd. But not in the mood to wait for a new build.
Sorry to hear. If you dont rebuild it. I might be interested in purchasing it. Feel free to post here or pm me. If you keep it, there are a couple engine builds to check out.
F90 is a great setup. Just stock the 0-60 speeds are top ten at the moment.
Appreciate 1