07-24-2022, 11:59 AM   #10
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5rosco View Post
Not sure how much I'd believe from them. Their e46 M3 radiator claimed 32% increase in coolant surface area, 15% increase in air surface area, 25% increase in coolant capacity yet didn't make any difference to my coolant temps at all. It was a decent made product, and came in fancy packaging if I remember correctly, but didn't give any real world improvements at all.

I'm sure the new F10 charge coolers and oil cooler will be of reasonable quality, but can't see them yielding and huge benefits personally.
Appreciate your sharing the product experience with the intercoolers. We use a lot of their products in our diesel pickups and in a couple of gasser cars but mostly radiators, oil coolers and such.

I'll primarily be getting intercoolers to have some post intercooler ports for WMI as I don't want to install into the charge pipes and doing it post throttle body is practically non starter.

I live in the hot subtropic belt of Florida and feel like WMI is gonna be my long term best bet. Hoping to make some tanks when I get home to fit in the air box area for the Water-Meth solution. Since I have the RK CF intakes I have a lot of space open now on the left and right side where the airboxes were.

All that said. I don't want to have my turbos working overtime just to keep boost. I know CSF, RkAutowerks, Evolve Tuning have already done a lot of work on the CSF coolers and have nothing against going that route. The timing of the mishimoto product release was too darn close to my pulling the trigger on the CSF coolers.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
m5rosco224.00