View Single Post
      07-08-2023, 01:56 AM   #19
SHO NUT
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Manual

So has someone actually changed the coolant and noted the fluid volume that the car needed to be topped up? I did a turbo coolant hose change on my 2013 M5, and the return hard line elbow broke (common issue), so that ended up draining quite a bit of coolant when I had to change the turbo coolant hard line to replace the elbow. While I was there, I replaced the other two turbo coolant lines since they were also leaking. Since the coolant was mostly gone at that point, and it's 10 years old, I disconnected the lower rad hose (easy to do with the right intercooler removed which is a step for the coolant hard line replacement), though not much more fluid came out.

Then I struggled to get 5L of coolant in after and the capacity is supposed to be 18.5 L listed for the twin-clutch (though mine is a manual, but no capacity is listed for the manual). What is everyone else putting in, and what transmission do you have?

Finally, the venting instructions say, in part,

1. Open vent plugs on coolant feed lines to turbocharger.
2. Add coolant to the upper edge of the expansion tank. The coolant level must no drop. No drop in coolant for approx. 1 minute. Close the bleeder screws of the exhaust turbocharger when coolant emerges.
<clip>

Did anyone find the vent plugs on the coolant feed lines to turbocharger? I didn't, so just left the top hoses disconnected until fluid started to come out.
Appreciate 0