09-09-2023, 12:02 AM   #7
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HXS View Post
Nice detailed review...... but damn, all that for stinking jack pad? And you reserved a spot for future posts?

It's a jack pad for crying out loud
Thanks lol. All of my reviews are indepth because whenever I look for products I look for detailed reviews so I don't end up with crap. For example I bought a digital key, turns out the case on these keys are so tight they squish the panic button and triggers the alarm constantly. So that's annoying... so I don't want anyone else to experience buying things that don't work. So I make my reviews cover every possible angle and leave no stone unturned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyinp View Post
Why don’t you compare them to the silimar pads on Amazon? I have JB and needed extra one, so I order one from amazon for fraction of the price, same pad, just 3x times cheaper. https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Adapter-...1zcF9hdGY&th=1

Really all the same AL pad, anodized.
So the competition doesn't good job copying BMS, but I still think the height is a bit shorter so the base touches the jacking point. If I get some time I'll measure it to verify. Also the edges aren't rounded like the BMS Jack pad adapter so it's sharp. So it's not necessarily the same thing.

There's a few reasons why I didn't compare to this exact pad:

1) when I bought my rubber jack pads years ago these aluminum alternatives did not exist yet. So I didn't have a choice.

2) I was not going to waste my money buying these cheap Chinese jack pads again, not after buying 4 of them before and getting utter garbage every time.

If someone sent me one to compare I would - if I had some time. But there's no way I'm spending my own money on cheapo jack pads again.
M5Rick61899.00