View Single Post
      12-07-2023, 02:47 AM   #1
Smithydxb
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 30 Jahre

Comp Pack Suspension Parts vs Base

Hi Guy’s,

I’ve picked up a new-to-me, 30 Jahre and have been looking at what needs to be done to get it fresh again.

I’m on front suspension at the minute and having a nightmare determining what parts are actually required.

Despite searching forums and the web forever, I’m getting conflicting answers on what parts are needed.

I was going to get a kit from FCP Euro, but when i spoke to them, they said, despite their site saying it would fit, that I actually needed different parts, which of course, were over double the cost.

I’m talking suspension arms, control arms, tie rods, links, sway bar/stabilizer bar etc…

I know the Jahre is based off a Comp Pack, so I understand the springs and shock itself are different to base, but I’ve seen countless posts of people saying the above parts are all the same as a base M5 as they are on the Comp cars (would make sense from an R&D and production point of view), but obviously FCP have searched based off my VIN and said otherwise.

I’m assuming Base parts would fit no issues, but i’m unsure whether they would make any difference to the setup?

Basic question is, can i buy the kit from them and have no issues, or is there something materially different in the “Comp Pack” parts that differs to the normal M5 parts for the above listed items? (I know the sway/stabilizer bar is different).

I’m in the UAE so shipping things half way around the world for them not to fit/work isn’t really an option. My local options here are more than double the more expensive FCP list i got, so that’s definitely not an option for me, especially if i can just get the normal base parts and work with them.

Any input appreciated

Cheers
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61854.00