View Single Post
      02-13-2024, 04:06 PM   #7
culto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90, F10, F30 and F48

[QUOTE=Qsilver7;30900893]The best way to find a Euro wide angle (aspherical) mirror is to pull the mirrors up in one of the online part database sites like realoem.com or bimmercat.com but select for a Euro market model that is like yours.

Then pull up the mirror diagrams and scroll down to the part nbr for the wide angle mirrors that have the same options you have.

Once you have the correct 11 digit BMW part nbr for the wide angle mirror that fits your option codes etc...the simply google BMW xx xx x xxx xxx {where x= the actual part nbr}. You'll usually find sellers on eBay or Amazon.com and some of the aftermarket vendors that sell oe parts.

I've purchased these mirrors for every BMW I've owned since learning about them. The last few times...I've gotten them from vendors in the Baltic States (Lithuania/Latvia/Estonia) and once from a seller in Germany. Back in the 90s you could order them from the Euro side of the BMW parts database from your local BMW dealer's parts department.

Examples of the wide angle mirror:
Top mirror is the standard DS plain mirror glass
Bottom mirror is the wide angle DS mirror glass (note that more parking spaces can be seen in the Wide Angle Mirror.

Thank you! In the meantime I bought a cheap replacement mirror from Amazon which just arrived and I am filling a police report tomorrow.
Appreciate 0