View Single Post
      03-26-2024, 08:27 PM   #4
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
These cars ride pretty low so not too surprised. I had my bumper repaired and it only took a few days before my wife entered a parking lot a little too fast and scrubbed the bottom of the front bumper again.

I'd google the vin number to do image checks for unreported accidents. If the vin went through an auction like coparts it should have photos. Carfax is helpful but has its limits. I'd find an independent indy BMW/Euro car shop to check it out. Look for mods to the DME programming and dig for unusual sounds/wear etc.

You may have a choice car here but you could just as easily have a car ready to throw a rod or seize a rod bearing. But if you are getting this at a good price point and have some room to do some preventative engine work such as rod bearing you should be good. The car on the surface looks very nice.

Also, do a https://www.mdecoder.com/ lookup to make sure you still have the spec'd equipment in it.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3

Last edited by TinCanSailor; 03-26-2024 at 08:32 PM..
Appreciate 0