Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT ZSP ZPP 322 522

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
2007 X3  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
The press release stated nothing about the markets, so I chose not to make an assumption that it applied only to the US.
OP quotes Bloomberg. Bloomberg is US.

Quote:
That's why I suggested they may choose to use the higher output versions of the motor later. This initial offering could be just to replace some of the lower end motors for now. In fact, by the time it comes to market, Saab may well have plans in the works to use other BMW engines. It is two years away, after all..
In OP, Spyker says "may" and "if negotiations are successful." This is not a commitment. This doesn't declare a strategy for "higher output versions of the motor later."

Quote:
If they do go with VAG for V6 or other engines, I would be very curious to learn why they chose to use BMW's brand new turbo I4 rather than the VAG equivalent that has been around for years. But then maybe this just speaks to how good the new BMW 4 cyl engines are going to be.
Per OP, Spyker is in negotiations. They haven't "chosen" anything yet. 222hp quote is from an unnamed source.

VAG is incumbent supplier to Spyker. Its just as likely this release is all about Spyker using BMW to grind VAG on price.

E90 6MT ZSP ZPP 322 522 LCCZ 688 TTGO730 BLACKLINES
E83 6AT ZSP ZPP 522 508 4AS 191M LUSW A35 NUVI755T BLACKLINES
Donzi ZR

Last edited by MenTul; 09-28-2010 at 09:38 PM..
Appreciate 0