View Single Post
      11-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #7
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Ok, still a little confused here. So the diffuser was damaged during ED while it was in YOUR possession? If that's the case, why on earth would you expect that the VPC would fix it? I'm actually not surprised at all that they didn't fix it under those circumstances; that was probably documented as existing damage when you dropped it off. The VPC's job isn't to restore a car to brand new state if it's an ED car, only to repair damages incurred while it was under BMW's care. BMW isn't going to pay to fix something that you broke. Apologies if I've misunderstood that part.

As for the bumper, maybe your bumper was damaged by BMW at some point when they had it after you dropped it off, e.g. backing RPI's car into the rear of yours. But whatever the cause, you got a new bumper for some reason, and BMW chose not to fix something that you broke. I don't see the problem.
No worry.

All ED car have insurance. The damage i received should have been fixed before re-delivery.

The issue i have is that they lied to me.

Here is timeline-

9/16- drop off at Frankfurt. Noted two minor damage on diffuser (i thought it was part of rear bumper). Damage was ripple above exhaust and chip.
10/30- Car arrived into VPC
11/5- All the repair and oil pump recall was done.
11/6- I called BMWNA about my car. They told me everything is done (including the damage to diffuser) and car will be released to trucking. I will get a call in 24 hours.
11/8- No call from BMW, i send email to BMW asking for status.
11/9- BMW called me back. Told me that the bumper needs to be replaced and they have problem with paint match. Basically told me that whatever they told me on 11/6 was wrong.

Basically, something happened between 11/6 and 11/8 causing my car to be held back. The main reason was that the bumper was replaced (also seen in manifest).

RPI Dave has his car damaged on 11/6 when someone backed into his M5. I am pretty sure that is my car VPC backed into RPI M5. Because on 11/6 my car was ready to go. But on 11/8, the car needs a new bumper panel.

On 11/15, i went to pick up my car. The damage on the diffuser was still there. So basically BMW tried to ping the bumper replacement onto me during ED or my dealership damaged the car again.

All i wanted was for BMW to tell me what happened on 11/6 to 11/8. Why was a car that was fixed and ready to go needs a brand new rear pumper panel? Why did my damage diffuser not repaired?

I just wanted to know what happened. Why can't BMW just tell me the truth? VPC damaged the car. As owner, I have right to know what was damaged and when. VPC manifest is not trustworthy since the bumper assembly was not replaced (if it did, then the diffuser would be replaced too).

That is why I want to get lawyer involved now. I don't know the extent of the damage occured at VPC from 11/6 to 11/8.