View Single Post
      05-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #9
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffysheep View Post
I just placed an European Delivery order in last week for 2013 F10 M5.
My specs are as follows:

MCB
Silverstone Full-Merino
Aluminum Trim
Executive Package
B & O
20" 343M Wheels

Anyways, I'm really sorry for the long introduction but I wanted to ask the enthusiasts on this forum what the best 20" winter tires would be for the new F10 M5. (please give specific brand/model numbers if you can)
To be frank, it snows a lot during winter where I live and I was hoping new M5 would have AWD option but it didn't happen this time around.
Also if you can provide any good websites or stores where I can buy those 20" winter tires, I would really appreciate your help.
Lastly, please try to give reasoning behind why you recommend that particular winter tires with pros/cons.
Thanks in advance and you guys really have an awesome community here!

First off, great build! I just ordered the same car. Same color combination, same options, Euro Delivery program (I take delivery 9/1). Although I am rethinking the B&O system. I originally ordered it because nobody has heard it yet, and I figured it was better to get it and have it be OK then to not get it and have regrets. But I just read a review from a member who compared the B&O system live next to the base system at a dealer event. He said he could not tell the difference between the two and suggested people skip the upgrade. For $3,700 I want to hear the system blows you away.

Now, for you winter tire question. I've been running Bridgestone Blizzacks for the last few years on my E60 M5. They've been great. Good cold weather traction and handles the snow well. I've been running the front tire size at all four corners based on the recommendation of Luke at Tire Rack. The narrower rear tire size improves handling in the snow.
Appreciate 0