Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbdurham17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
I think for the most part the speed limit laws are about generating revenue and not improving road safety.
Truth. Cars are becoming more safe with technology and yet we still have outdated speed limits from Traffic and Engineering Survey's conducted decades ago. I find that it is actually very difficult for me to do the posted speed limit of 55mph on the Capital Beltway on the Virginia side because almost everyone is doing 65-70mph. I once tried really hard to stay at exactly 55mph and I almost got into 5 collisions in only 5 miles of driving.
Lol I noticed the same when I lived in DC Atlanta is even worse the posted speed limit on 285 (atlanta bypass) is 55 and no one except maybe travelers do less than 80 and the cops don't even bother.

Moved to Charleston SC about 6 months ago and about to pull my hair out in Atlanta everyone went 10-20 over here everyone goes 5 under no joke drives me crazy even on back roads if it's 35 then 30, 45 then 40 lol it nuts
Ha ! , I 'm in Charleston too and totally agree. , but there are some Great driving roads a little ways out of town towards Georgetown. I would be glad to show you sometime .
Appreciate 0