10-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #98
Niko1414
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 720S, s550, S7, 997GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avia2
Let's look at real life 0-60 or 0-100 experiences, they usually happen at stoplights where there's little time to activate launch control in most makes and models. I think this is what the Automobile Mag video shows. This is where the Tesla shines and will show its taillights to most cars on the road including a new M5. No matter how much the manufacturers try to eliminate turbo lag, it's not happening. Power is delayed and then comes on like a freight train. That's the beauty of an electric motor's torque, it's instantaneous and right at 0 rpms. Frankly neither the M5 or Model S is a track car...both would be embarrassed by a GT3 but then again that would be embarrassed by an open wheel car...

Really... Oh yeah and when a telsa s pulls next to me if he doesn't have a 100% full charge. I'm going to smoke him. After 1 run ( 0- 100) the telsa looses steam. Sorry no telsa is is going to show me tail lights, even without launch control. You expect it will have a full charge at every stop light ?? not going to happen. Failed!

To further clarify the m5 with DCT is faster than telsa s... Get your facts straight

One more thing my M2 button is ready for launch control so no delay...not sure where you get your info...but I can be in launch control mode in 3 seconds flat.experience
Appreciate 0